With TGS Insurance, Finding The Right Atascocita Home Insurance Policy is as Easy as 1-2-3
Comparison Shop Home Insurance in Atascocita, TX from Multiple Carriers in Minutes!
Did you know that only 44% of homeowners comparison shop for insurance by any method when their policy comes up for renewal and only 17% of homeowners compare prices online at their renewal time? One of the major reasons why homeowners don’t shop and compare their homeowners insurance policy is because it can be an extensive and time-consuming process. With TGS Insurance, we do all the shopping and comparing for you across our bank of 35+ A-rated carriers, so you don’t have to!
How Much Does Atascocita Homeowners Insurance Cost?
The average cost for homeowners insurance in Atascocita, TX is about $1,208. At TGS Insurance our customers in Atascocita pay an average of $745 each year, which means they are saving an average of $463 annually on homeowners insurance!
Calculating Premiums for Home Insurance in Atascocita, TX
The way your homeowners premium is calculated depends on a variety of factors on your home. Let’s take a closer look at what insurers look for when determining your premiums.
- Replacement Cost Value- This is the cost to build your home back to its value at the time of the disaster. This will help insurers know how much coverage you need.
- Claims History- Typically, the more claims you have made, the higher your rate could be and vice versa.
- Credit Score- Homeowners who have a lower credit score will likely pay more in premiums when compared to homeowners with a higher credit score.
- Your Deductible Amount- The higher your deductible is, the lower your premium will be. For example, if you have a deductible of $1,000 and raise it to $2,000, this can lower your premium by 11%.
- Building Material- If your home is made out of wood or vinyl you may have to pay more in premiums compared to homes that are made from brick, metal, or concrete. Insurers are looking at the stability of your home if met with a fire or covered peril.
- Where You Live- Homes located in an area with high crime rates or are prone to natural disasters (ex: hurricanes) are likely to have a higher premium. Why? Higher risk of filing a claim.
- How Old Your Home Is- If your home is older than 25 years, insurers will usually raise your rates a bit to compensate for things like older plumbing, heating, or wiring. Homes that are less than 10 years old may qualify for discounts!
- Protective Devices- Atascocita, TX homeowners can receive discounts for installing security alarms, deadbolt locks, surveillance cameras, or even having a fire extinguisher on your property.
- Smokers- If you’re a smoker, you’re deemed a higher risk to insure because smoking can increase your chances of accidentally starting a fire, therefore resulting in a higher premium.
How Much is Flood Insurance in Atascocita?
Texas homeowners pay about $634 for flood insurance each year. Atascocita is located northeast of Houston, where our TGS Insurance customers pay an average of $518 each year. This means our customers are saving about $116 annually on flood insurance under the state average!
Atascocita, TX is nestled near the coast of Lake Houston, which puts this area at high-risk for flooding. Hurricane Harvey brought extensive flooding to the area, where many homeowners had their homes flood or come pretty close to it. Atascocita gets an average of 55 inches of rain per year, which is 23 inches above the US average of 32 inches. Keep in mind, just one inch of water in your home can cost an average of $25,000 to repair. Flood insurance in Atascocita is a must for homeowners to cover any gaps your homeowners insurance policy doesn’t cover.
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Atascocita, TX:
Flood Insurance: It’s a common misconception that flood damage is covered by homeowners insurance and that’s simply untrue. To have your home and valuables protected against floods, you need a flood insurance policy. This policy will offer coverage from flood damage caused by tropical storms, hurricanes, or even torrential rainfall.
Windstorm and Hail Coverage: Some of the most common home insurance claims come from damage sustained from wind or hail damage. Since Atascocita, TX is located somewhat near the Texas coastline, having the right windstorm or hail coverage is a must. At TGS Insurance, we believe you should be protected for anything, which is why we automatically write in a 2% wind/hail deductible into every Atascocita, TX homeowners insurance policy we write!
Water Backup: Water backup damage is the second most common type of claim filed in Texas, so having water backup coverage is one of the most beneficial homeowners insurance policy add-ons you can have. It protects your home and personal belongings from sewage, drains or sump pump overflows, which is not usually covered by your standard homeowners or flood insurance policy. This policy add-on costs anywhere between $50-$250 depending on the amount of coverage you want, with protection starting at $5,000.
Our Local, Independent Insurance Agents Are Ready to Help You With Your Atascocita Homeowners Insurance:
TGS Insurance strives to provide an exceptional customer experience that’s second to none. Our customer service team will handle everything from enrollment to working with your mortgage provider to setting up payment- getting homeowners insurance has never been easier!