Start Your Free Motorcycle Insurance Quote Now
Based on 2,023 reviews
I heard about TGS Insurance Agency on the radio and was skeptical about it but decided to text them and the process was so easy. The TGS Insurance Rep Kenneth Lee was so pleasant to work with and made the entire process so easy and stress free. From the time I texted until the very end took really no time at all because TGS did all the leg work for me and handled it perfectly. I changed homeowners insurance like I had wanted to but ended up changing auto insurance companies also. TGS saved me $1,000 a year for my homeowners & saved me $100 a month for my auto insurance. I would highly recommend TGS to anyone looking for new insurance or just wanting to change insurance providers. Way to go TGS!
My existing home and auto insurance (GEICO) were very high and TGS Insurance agent reduced both insurances substantially. The insurance details were discussed with me. The agent also initiated the cancellation of my existing home and auto insurances. It was a seamless transfer. Overall experience is excellent. Highly recommend others to try TGS insurance during switching their auto and / or home insurance..
Tie was great she reviewed everything to assure we received the coverage that worked for us. I would highly recommend reaching out you will not be disappointed
I was pleased with the assistance I received in obtaining my house and auto polices. I was disappointed with Sage Sure Insurance and the way I was bullied into taking a policy I didn't want then having to wait to get my down payment back from them knowing I will not get all of the payment refunded.
TGS provided fast and efficient service to insure my home and auto at a very reasonable price. The insurance agent was thorough and quick to provide details and information regarding the coverage on both policies. I would highly recommend this company for anyones insurance needs.
The agent, Luke Miller, was great! He was patient with me and very knowledgeable. He also helped me navigate my internet When I stumbled.
Great customer service, quick quotes from multiple insurance agencies. I received a quote almost cutting in half the yearly cost of my previous insurance carrier.
JR was very helpful, friendly and knowledgeable in all of my interactions with him. He got me a great rate for my cars and home and made me feel confident I made the right choice going with TGS.,
No pressure sales. The agent was about to find me an excellent deal on home/car and before she signed us up, she wanted to check one more company and found us an even better deal.
Great customer service to find the lowest prices available
Daniel Parelta is excellent, works hard for you and TGS is lucky to have people like him in this environment.
Texas Motorcycle Insurance
Motorcycle insurance offers financial guardianship to help you when you encounter accidents, damages, or theft. It also offers liability protection in the event you are at fault for someone else’s injuries or damages to their personal property. Motorcycle insurance isn’t limited to just motorcycles, it also provides coverage for choppers, fast street bikes, mopeds, and Segways.
Types of Motorcycle Insurance Coverage
Motorcycle insurance policies consist of a variety of different types of coverage options, these include:
- Liability insurance: covers injuries and property damage that you may cause to other people involved in an accident that you are at fault for
- Collision coverage: Covers damages (minus your deductible) to your motorcycle from an accident with another vehicle or an object, regardless of whose fault it is.
- Comprehensive protection: Covers any harm to your bike that was not caused while riding, such as vandalism, theft, or a fire. This coverage also covers animal collisions.
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Covers medical bills for injuries that you, your passenger, or a pedestrian may suffer in an accident that you are involved in, regardless of who is at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage: Covers injuries to you and/or damages to your property if you get into a motorcycle accident caused by another person who doesn’t carry insurance or their insurance policy doesn’t cover enough for the damages.
- Original equipment manufacturer (OEM) part coverage: Assures the repairs to your bike will utilize the maker’s original parts.
- Accessories or added equipment protection: Works similarly to comprehensive protection, but also covers the expenses if your bike contains additional accessories that get harmed in an accident.
- Towing and Labor Coverage: Compensates you for the expenses of towing and similar labor if your bike breaks down or if you get into a wreck.
- Rental reimbursement: Helps in covering the expenses of a rental if your motorcycle is in the process of getting fixed or is stolen.
Do You Need Motorcycle Insurance in Texas?
Yes, motorcycle insurance is mandatory in the state of Texas for all riders. In Texas, motorcycle drivers have to acquire a minimum of $30,000 in protection for each person injured in an accident, or up to $60,000 for all injuries. In addition, bikers must all have a minimum of $25,000 for property damage per accident.
Medical expenses and uninsured motorist protection aren’t required to ride a motorcycle in Texas, but we advise that you consider them when customizing your policy. If you are involved in an accident, then these types of coverages protect your injuries or loss of property.
How Much is Motorcycle Insurance in Texas?
Texas has one of the highest standard motorcycle insurance policies of any state. The average price in Texas is around $749 a year or $62 a month.
However, the actual cost of your policy will depend not only on the types of coverage you decide to go with but also depends on a few independent factors such as:
- Your location
- Your age
- Your driving record
- The age of the motorcycle
- The style/type of motorcycle
- Typical usage
- Storage of the motorcycle
Ready to Compare Quotes?
If this is your first time purchasing motorcycle insurance or you are looking to switch, you might have a few questions. A TGS Insurance agent is ready to help and answer all of the questions you might have. We will take the time to get to know you and your insurance needs to figure out what type of policy will work best for you.
Motorcycle Insurance FAQ:
Do I need a motorcycle license to get insurance?
Yes, in the state of Texas a motorcycle license is required to operate a bike. You will have to acquire a Class M license.
Does motorcycle insurance cover my passenger?
Most motorcycle insurance policies do not cover your passengers. If you want protection for them, then you will have to purchase motorcycle guest passenger liability coverage to guarantee your rider is protected.