Home Insurance in DeSoto, TX Just Got A Lot Easier!
How Much is Home Insurance in DeSoto, TX?
The average cost for home insurance in DeSoto, Texas is about $2,791 per year. At TGS Insurance, our customers in DeSoto pay an average of $1,866 per year, which means an annual savings of $925 compared to the city average!
What Goes Into Your DeSoto, TX Home Insurance Quote?
Everyone’s homeowners insurance policy is different because no two homes are the same. Your home insurance premium is calculated on several different things, some of which are within your control and others aren’t. Let’s review what goes into determining what you ultimately pay for home insurance.
Your core home insurance policy is made up of six main parts:
- Dwelling coverage covers what it would cost to completely rebuild your home from the ground up to its current value, not what you purchased your home for.
- Other structures is coverage for things not attached to your home, such as a detached garage, fence, or shed.
- Personal property coverage protects everything inside your home including appliances, electronics, furniture, jewelry, and other valuables.
- Loss-of-use coverage would cover any living expenses if you need to vacate your home during repairs if it’s deemed unlivable due to a covered event such as a fire.
- Liability coverage covers any legal expenses should you be sued and you’re found at fault. Your coverage should be enough to cover the cost of your home and any assets you have like cars or savings accounts.
- Medical payments coverage is a form of financial assistance should someone get injured on your property and need medical attention, usually up to $5,000. This coverage does not apply to members of your own household.
It’s important you have enough coverage in each of these areas so you’re not left underinsured and forced to pay out-of-pocket for any expenses. Another component of how your home insurance policy is calculated is more risk-based factors, some of which you can control and others in which you can’t. It mostly boils down to this question for the insurance carrier: what’s the risk to insure your home? Let’s review what some of those things might include:
- Your home’s location. Are you in a high-risk area for hurricanes or tornadoes?
- Your area’s crime rates.
- Age of your home. (Homes older than 40+ are riskier to insure)
- Your credit history.
- Your claims history. (Fewer claims = less risk)
- Attractive nuisances. (Pool or trampoline)
You can do things to help lower your home insurance premium. Installing a home security system, having the proper safety features in your home such as fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and deadbolts can all help lower your rate. Be sure to ask your insurance agent about what discounts are available to you because every insurance carrier is different!
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in DeSoto, TX
Your home insurance policy will offer coverage for the basics, but if you’re wanting more protection, you’ll need to look at some policy add-ons to bridge any gaps in coverage. The most popular home insurance add-ons in DeSoto, TX are:
Water Backup Coverage: This policy add-on can range anywhere between $50-$250 per year with coverage starting at $5,000 going up to $25,000. In the event your home floods due to a sewer or drainage backup, you would not be covered under your standard home insurance policy, which is why adding water backup coverage is a great idea for any homeowner.
Windstorm/Hail Storm Coverage: Texans are no strangers to hurricanes, tornadoes, tropical storms, and even just crazy thunderstorms on a spring afternoon. Every homeowner in DeSoto, TX needs to have the proper windstorm and hail storm coverage so you’re not left with the bill for hefty repairs should your home take on wind or hail damage. At TGS Insurance, we believe you should be protected for anything, which is why we automatically include a 2% wind/hail deductible into every policy we write!
Scheduled Personal Property Coverage: The typical home insurance policy will offer up to 50-70% in personal property coverage based on your dwelling coverage. If you’ve got valuables that exceed your policy limits, you’ll want to add scheduled personal property coverage to your home insurance policy to ensure you’ve got enough financial protection to replace those treasured items should a loss occur.
Zip Codes in DeSoto, Texas That We Insure:
Don’t see your zip code listed? Don’t worry, as long as it’s in Texas, we’ve got you covered!
About TGS Insurance Agency
TGS Insurance is a family-owned, Texas-based, independent insurance agency. We don’t do insurance like everyone else because we look at the industry differently. We know our customers don’t want to spend hours answering endless questionnaires or on the phone with an agent only to get your quote days later. All we need is your address to deliver a quote in just 15 seconds! Next, your dedicated agent will then further personalize your quote by running your policy through our suite of 35+ A-rated (or better) carriers to carefully craft a policy specific to you so it’s perfectly balanced in value and the protection you want and need. And we don’t just stop with a great quote, we’ll handle everything from start to finish for a seamless, stress-free home insurance shopping experience. Shopping for home insurance in DeSoto, TX has never been easier!
We don’t like to brag, but take a look at some of our stats:
- 14,000 Current Customers (read our reviews!)
- $4.04 Billion Total Projected Assets Covered
- 12,600 Total Homes Insured
- 4,700 Total Vehicles Insured