Home Insurance in Duncanville, TX Just Got A Lot Easier!
How Much is Home Insurance in Duncanville, TX?
The average home insurance policy in Duncanville, Texas is $2,708 a year, while customers of TGS Insurance only pay $1,487 per year. That’s $1,221 in savings every year!
What Goes Into Your Duncanville Home Insurance Quote?
Your home and its contents are different from any other home in the world, including your neighbors. For this reason and more, a home insurance quote is also unique from the quote of any other home. Several factors contribute to creating your quote. Some of these factors you have control over and some of these factors you do not. Learn more about these factors and the important components that help create your home insurance quote below:
Homeowners insurance is made up of six major components:
- Dwelling coverage protects you by helping you rebuild your home should it need to be rebuilt after suffering a loss. Your coverage is based on the current market value of your home instead of what you paid for it.
- Other structures coverage picks up where your dwelling coverage lets off by protecting structures that are on your property but not a part of your home. This includes detached garages, fences, and sheds.
- Personal property coverage helps protect and restore your personal possessions including your appliances, electronics, furniture, jewelry, and other valuables (your policy will have limits on what is covered).
- Loss-of-use coverage helps homeowners recover from the loss of their homes that is caused by a covered peril. If you are forced to vacate there are various expenses you will incur including temporary housing at a hotel and food expenses. This coverage helps you pay for these expenses during hard times while your home is being rebuilt.
- Liability coverage will help you pay for legal expenses should you find yourself in the middle of a lawsuit and are at fault. It is important to ensure that your policy is capable of covering the value of your home, finances, and your assets to prevent losses from occurring.
- Medical payments coverage provides financial protection to homeowners who have someone who is injured and/or requires medical attention while on their property. The members of your household are not eligible for this coverage, however, most standard home insurance policies offer $5,000 in protection for others who are injured.
It is important to have a home insurance policy that meets your coverage needs. Otherwise, homeowners may find themselves left restoring a loss out of their own pocket. There are lots of factors that contribute to crafting your homeowners premium, some that you are unable to control, but the bottom line is that insurance carriers will create this premium based on the risks associated with insuring your home. You can learn more about these risks below:
- Where your home is located and perils that can cause it harm (Ex. tornadoes, hurricanes, and floods).
- The crime rate around your home.
- The age of your home. (Homes older than 40 years old carry extra risks)
- Your credit score. (A higher score yields a lower premium)
- Your claims history. (More claims usually mean higher premiums)
- Attractive nuisances. (Ex. having a swimming pool on your property)
Some actions allow homeowners to affect their monthly premiums and reduce their monthly costs. This includes having a deadbolt lock on your door, installing a home security system, keeping up-to-date fire extinguishers, and smoke alarms are great ways to lower your monthly premium all while making your home a safer place to live. Always consult with your insurance agent before taking such steps to lower your monthly premium as each policy and carrier will be different due to how each insurance brand calculates and weighs various risks differently.
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Duncanville, TX:
A homeowners policy is a great way to protect yourself from a variety of destructive perils but other perils may arise and without the right coverage, homeowners will be left to restore these losses on their own out of their own pockets. Add-on coverages are available to help protect homeowners from potential lapses in coverage against perils that are not covered by a home insurance policy. Some of the most popular add-ons available to homeowners in Duncanville, TX include:
Water Backup Coverage: When your sewer or drain backup and require repair, this costly endeavor can set homeowners back thousands of dollars. Many homeowners may be surprised to know that their home insurance policy does not cover this type of event. TGS Insurance knows the importance of being as prepared as possible and offers this unique coverage to our customers at an affordable rate. For only $50-$250 a year, homeowners can receive between $5,000 and $25,000 in coverages for water backup events.
Windstorm/Hail Storm Coverage: Hurricanes, tropical storms, tornadoes, severe thunderstorms…homeowners in Duncanville, TX have a lot to contend with when protecting their homes against windstorms and hail damage. Windstorm/hail storm coverage is critical to protecting your home and restoring losses after these destructive weather events. TGS Insurance helps keep homeowners protected by automatically including a 2% wind/hail deductible in every home insurance policy we write for our customers!
Flood Insurance Coverage: Homeowners living in Duncanville, TX know the destruction flood events can bring to homes in the area. While your home insurance policy may protect against a lot, flood events are not a covered peril. Even homes outside of flood zones need to consider flood insurance coverage to stay protected because as many as 25% of all flood insurance claims come from homes that are outside of flood zones. Protect yourself from this extreme weather event by adding a flood insurance policy to your homeowners insurance.
Zip Codes in Duncanville, TX That We Insure:
About TGS Insurance Agency
Founded in Texas for the needs of Texans,, TGS Insurance Agency is an insurance agency unlike any other because of our unique approach to the insurance industry and the personal care we provide our clients. We respect your time and understand that you don’t want to spend hours answering questionnaires filled with endless questions or talking over the phone to an agent and still having to wait days for a home insurance quote. Thanks to our unobtrusive method, all we need is your address to provide a personalized quote in 15 seconds or less! After this is gathered, our agents go further to personalize your coverage even more by comparing 35+ A-rated (or better) insurance carriers based on your coverage needs. This provides the perfect insurance coverage that will provide you with the best coverage on the market for the lowest price available. TGS Insurance continues to serve by providing unparalleled customer service to ensure a seamless home insurance enrollment experience from start to finish. We make the process of getting the right home insurance policy in Duncanville, TX as easy as possible!
We don’t like to brag on ourselves, but we’re the real deal. Take a look at some of our stats:
- 14,000 Current Customers (read our reviews!)
- $4.04 Billion Total Projected Assets Covered
- 12,600 Total Homes Insured
- 4,700 Total Vehicles Insured