TGS Insurance is Your Trusted Home Insurance Partner in Ennis, TX
How Much is Home Insurance in Ennis, TX?
The average cost for home insurance in Ennis, TX is about $1,484 every year. At TGS Insurance, our Ennis, TX customers pay an average of $1,300 every year, which means an annual savings of $154 compared to the city average!
What Goes Into Your Ennis, TX Home Insurance Quote?
Home insurance provides financial assistance for your home, property, and personal belongings from a disaster, theft, or liable event such as an accident. How much you pay for home insurance will be different from your neighbor’s because no two homes (or homeowners) are the same! Each insurance carrier has its own way of calculating how much it will cost for home insurance, but let’s review what goes into determining your home insurance quote.
Your core home insurance policy is made up of six components:
- Dwelling Coverage- Protects the structure of your home (ceiling, walls, and floors). It is recommended that you purchase the amount of coverage it would take to completely replace your home to its current value.
- Other Structures Coverage- Covers detached structures on your property such as your garage, shed, or fence.
- Personal Property Coverage- Protects your personal items both inside and outside the home such as appliances, electronics, furniture, etc. up to a certain limit.
- Loss of Use Coverage- Provides financial assistance for living expenses (hotel & food) if your home is unlivable and requires repairs after a covered peril.
- Personal Liability Coverage- Covers any legal fees you incur in the event you’re held liable for personal injury or property damage.
- Medical Payments Coverage- Will cover any medical expenses up to $5,000 if someone were to get injured and you, a member of your home, or pet were responsible.
It’s important that you carry enough coverage in each of these areas so you’re not left to cover any expenses on your own. These six core pieces make up just a portion of your home insurance policy, but there are also risk-based factors insurance carriers consider when calculating your rate. Some of which you can control and others you can’t, but for the carrier, it really boils down to risk. What’s the risk to insure your home? The higher the risk, the higher the premium. Let’s review what those factors are:
- Your home’s location (Are you in an area that has several tornadoes a year?)
- Your area’s crime rates.
- Age of your home. (Homes older than 40 are deemed risker to insure)
- Your credit history
- Your claims history (Fewer claims = lower premium)
- Attractive nuisances (Pool or trampoline)
There are some things as the homeowner that you can take control over to lower your home insurance premium. Efforts to make your home safer such as having fire extinguishers, fire alarms, or home security systems can all positively affect your premium. Even bundling with your auto or watercraft policy can help you save as much as 25%! Be sure to ask your insurance agent what discounts are available to you as each carrier offers different discounts.
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Ennis, TX
The average home insurance policy will only cover the basics, so if you’re seeking additional protection you may want to consider policy add-ons to bridge any gaps in coverage that you may have. Here are some of the most popular home insurance add-ons in Ennis, TX:
Water Backup Coverage: Unfortunately, water damage due to a sewer or drainage backup are common claims made in Texas and to make matters worse: it’s not covered by home insurance. Not only is it a disgusting mess to contend with but could produce a hefty bill for any homeowner. Adding water backup coverage is a great way to protect your home and personal items should this event occur. This add-on is inexpensive, starting at $50 per year on average with coverage starting at $5,000.
Windstorm/Hail Storm Coverage: Texans are no strangers to the wild weather events that can hit our state. From hurricanes to tornadoes, tropical storms, and even just a devastating spring thunderstorm- all of which can bring wind and hail events that can bring costly damage and repairs. At TGS Insurance, we believe all of our customers in Ennis, TX should be protected against all the elements which is why we automatically write in a 2% wind/hail deductible into every home insurance policy we write!
Flood Insurance: Over 43% of homeowners believe that flood damage is protected under their home insurance policy and that is simply untrue. For any homeowner to have protection against flood insurance, you must purchase a flood insurance policy. The average flood insurance policy in Texas is about $634 per year, but can be higher or lower depending on your home’s location.
Zip Codes in Ennis, TX That We Insure:
About TGS Insurance Agency
We don’t do insurance like everyone else because we look at the insurance industry differently than anyone before us. We know our customers don’t want to spend time answering endless questionnaires or spend hours going back and forth with an agent over the phone only to get your quote days later. You want a home insurance quote packed with savings and coverage- and that’s what we deliver in just 15 seconds or less using just your address. Yes, you read that right!
From your initial quote, your TGS Insurance agent will then further shop and compare your policy across our bank of 35+ A-rated (or better) carriers to ensure it’s perfectly balanced with the coverage and value you want. And we don’t just stop at a great quote, we’ll handle everything from start to finish for an easy, seamless experience. Shopping for home insurance in Ennis, TX has never been easier!
We’re the real deal! Take a look at some of our stats:
- 14,000 Current Customers (read our reviews!)
- $4.04 Billion Total Projected Assets Covered
- 12,600 Total Homes Insured
- 4,700 Total Vehicles Insured