Get Helotes Home Insurance Tailored to your Needs
What Does Home Insurance in Helotes, Texas Cover?
Homeowners insurance provides coverage for damages to your home and personal belongings. In addition, home insurance also offers liability coverage for legal matters or medical bills that might arise if injuries were to occur on your property.
An HO-3 policy is the most common home insurance policy and consists of six core coverages:
- Dwelling coverage protects the structure of your home such as the ceiling, walls, and floors, etc.
- Other structures coverage protects structures on your property that are not connected to your home, like a detached garage, fence, or mailbox.
- Personal property coverage provides protection for your personal belongings within your home such as clothes, furniture, and electronics. Items that are considered high-value such as artwork collections or jewelry have limited amounts of coverage under standard policies, so might need to purchase an endorsement to ensure these items are protected.
- Loss of use coverage covers the costs for any additional living expenses in the event your home becomes uninhabitable due to a covered peril. This coverage reimburses you for lodging and restaurant bills.
- Personal liability coverage protects you when a claim is made against you for personal or property damage.
- Medical payments to others are designed to cover medical bills that arise after an unintentional injury to someone else on your property. Something to note is that this coverage does not extend to you or members of your household.
Each of these coverages works hand-in-hand in protecting your home from the most common perils you can face as a homeowner. Reading and understanding what your home insurance policy does and doesn’t cover is important because in the event you experience loss, you don’t want to be left with not enough coverage or none at all.
How is My Home Insurance Rate in Helotes, Texas Calculated?
Your home insurance rate is a reflection of the amount of risk a carrier deems they will have to take on to insure you. The average cost for home insurance in the U.S. is $1,445 per year, but in Texas, the average cost is $3,249 per year. This is because compared to other states, Texas faces more weather-related risks, such as hailstorms, hurricanes, tornadoes, tropical storms, windstorms, and others. Beyond the weather, some of the most common factors considered by carriers include:
- Coverage Amounts: How much coverage you need will influence how much your premium will be. Insurance providers consider factors like liability coverage, the value of your personal belongings, and what mostly drives your premium is your home’s replacement cost.
- Claims History: In the event you have to file a claim, it typically stays on your record for 5-7 years. If you have an excessive number of claims, you can expect to pay a higher premium because you are considered “high risk” to insure.
- Credit History: Your credit score plays a minor role in your home insurance rate. The higher your score, the lower your premium, and vice versa.
- Deductible: A deductible is the amount you put forward before your insurance provider pays for the rest of the damages. If you have a lower deductible, you can expect to have a higher premium and vice versa.
- Home Characteristics: The unique features of your home such as, when it was built, the materials it was built out of, how old the electrical work and plumbing are, and more will affect your home insurance premium.
- Location: The location of your home mostly drives the rate of your home premium. If your home is located in an area that experiences high crime rates or natural disasters, you can expect to have a higher premium since your home’s location is considered to be more of a risk to insure.
Every insurance carrier has its own formula for assessing how these factors correlate with the risks associated with insuring a specific policy. Since every carrier assesses rates differently, shopping and comparing your home policy with multiple insurance providers can help you find the best coverage for your needs at the lowest rate.
How Much is Home Insurance in Helotes, TX?
The average cost for home insurance in Helotes is $1,141 per year among TGS Insurance Agency customers. This average includes windstorm and hail coverage with a 2% deductible and is based on policies with an average home value of $359,179. Keep in mind that every policy is uniquely their own, and the rate is dependent on multiple factors, so no two homes will have the same premium rate.
At TGS Insurance, we have proudly been able to save our Texas customers an average of $870 every year on home insurance premiums just by making the switch to us! You can find out how much you can save by simply entering your address above for an instant quote!
Average Cost For Home Insurance in Helotes, Texas Based on Home Value
Below is a comparison of the average home insurance quote provided by TGS Insurance Agency within two of the most common home value ranges for Helotes, Texas. Home value is just one of many factors that influences your home insurance premium.
|Home Value||Average Annual Premium (incl. Wind Coverage)|
Most Common Claims Made in Helotes, Texas
Take a look at the five most common claims made in Texas, so you can see where you need to make adjustments within your policy to ensure it provides you with the coverage you need.
|Type of Claim||Frequency|
|Wind & Hail Damage||1 in 42 claims|
|Water & Freezing Damage||1 in 50 claims|
|Non-Weather Property Damage (Accidental or Deliberate)||1 in 135 claims*|
|Theft & Burglary||1 in 474 per 100,000 citizens|
|Fire & Lightning||1 in 325 claims|
While owning a home you will face a variety of perils and events. While your home insurance policy is there to protect you from most of them, there are some situations where your home policy doesn’t provide coverage. For example, there is a common misconception that flood damage is covered by your home policy when in reality, it is not. To ensure you are protected from flood damage, you will need to purchase a flood insurance policy.
One of the best ways homeowners can fill in coverage gaps is by adding policy endorsements. Let’s take a closer look at the most common home insurance endorsements:
- Equipment breakdown coverage can help pay to repair or replace equipment within your home. For example, if your appliances, furnace, or HVAC system has a mechanical or electrical breakdown your coverage would kick in.
- Extended replacement cost is an extension of your current dwelling coverage limit. This type of coverage helps cover costs related to rebuilding or repairing your home.
- Scheduled personal property is an endorsement that extends coverage beyond the standard protection provided in your home policy. The policy offers full coverage for high-value items such as artwork, jewelry, or fur coats, in the event you have to file a claim.
- Service line coverage extends beyond a basic home policy and protects the service lines to and from your home. Service lines allow for power, heating, natural gas, or waste disposal to your home, and without this coverage, you could be left paying out of pocket for expensive repairs.
- Water backup coverage is an add-on to your home policy that provides coverage for water damage that is due to a backed-up drain or sump pump.
A TGS Insurance agent can help you with any concerns you have about coverage gaps and what policy endorsements best fit your needs!
Common Questions About Home Insurance in Helotes, TX
Are fires covered by homeowners insurance?
Yes, the standard homeowners insurance policy includes coverage to help pay for repairs or rebuilds to your home and its contents in the event they are damaged by a fire.
Does homeowners insurance cover lost jewelry?
Yes, if your jewelry is lost or damaged due to a covered peril, such as theft or fire, it is covered by your homeowners insurance policy. However, since jewelry is considered a high-value item, your home policy will only provide a limited amount of coverage, often between $1,000-$2,000. If your needs require more coverage, you might want to consider purchasing a scheduled personal property policy. This type of coverage goes beyond your homeowners insurance policy’s limits and offers protection for high-value items like jewelry.
How long does it take to get a home insurance quote?
Typically, getting a home insurance quote can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few days. At TGS Insurance, we can provide you with a homeowners insurance quote in 15 seconds or less just by entering your home address on our website.
Trust The Experts at TGS Insurance for Your Home Insurance Needs
TGS Insurance is one of the fastest-growing insurance agencies in the Lone Star State. We view the world of insurance differently because our strategy and tactics are uniquely one of a kind. We take the time to understand your insurance needs and find you a home policy packed with protection for the lowest rate on the market.
From our pool of over 35 highly-rated insurance providers, our agents’ comparison shop each of our clients’ policies to find coverage tailored to their needs and budget. Our services don’t stop there! We deliver best-in-class customer service by taking care of the entire enrollment process from beginning to end, so you can have peace of mind knowing all your insurance needs are taken care of.
We understand how important it is for you to save money, which is why we will maximize every discount you qualify for through bundling options, security discounts, and anything else so you can be sure you’re getting the lowest rate! Shopping for insurance is simple, stress-free, and affordable when you go with TGS Insurance!
While we don’t like to brag, we’ll let our reviews from real, authentic customers speak for themselves. We’re rated 4.8 out of 5 stars with over 1,600+ reviews on TrustPilot and 4.5 out of 5 stars with over 215+ reviews on Google.