With TGS Insurance, Finding The Right Hurst Home Insurance Policy is as Easy as 1-2-3
How Much is Home Insurance in Hurst, TX?
In Hurst, TX the average cost for home insurance is about $1,552 each year. At TGS Insurance, our customers in Hurst pay about $1,299 on an annual basis, which means they are saving an average of $253 per year!
What Goes Into Your Hurst, TX Home Insurance Quote?
Home insurance offers financial assistance if a covered peril damages your home, property, and personal belongings. It also protects you in the event you are responsible for an accident or injury to someone else. Having home insurance is not required by law, but it does help you avoid paying out of pocket for damages. No two home insurance policies are the same and each carrier has a different way they calculate how much you’ll pay. Let’s review what goes into determining how much you’ll pay for home insurance.
Your core home insurance policy is made up of six main parts:
- Dwelling Coverage- Protects your home and any attached structures, for example, your porch. It’s recommended that you purchase enough coverage to completely replace your home to its current value.
- Other Structures- Protects stand-alone structures on your property, for example, your fence or garage.
- Personal Property- Pays to repair or replace personal items (appliances, electronics, etc.) that were damaged or stolen in a covered peril.
- Loss-of-Use Coverage- Helps cover the cost of temporary living expenses while your home is being repaired.
- Liability Coverage- If someone gets injured on your property and decided to sue you, liability coverage would cover any legal fees if you, a member of your household or pet found at fault.
- Medical Payments- Covers the medical fees if someone gets injured at your home or if you, a family member, or a pet injury someone else. This coverage does not apply to members of your household.
It’s important for every homeowner to carry the proper amount of coverage for the basics of their home insurance policy. Lowering and raising your dwelling coverage limits or personal property limits will change your premium, but there are a few things that you cannot control that are baked into the price of your policy. Each carrier weighs these factors differently, but let’s review some of the most common things carriers look at when determining your rate:
- Coverage amount
- Your home’s location (Ex. hurricane-prone area)
- Size, age, and the material your home is built out of
- Credit score
- Your area’s crime rates
- Claims history
- Attractive nuisances (pool or trampoline)
There are things you can do to help lower the cost of your home premium. By installing deadbolt locks, motion-sensor lights, a security system, and having a fire extinguisher handy are all ways to help decrease your premium. Always ask your insurance agent if you qualify for other types of discounts because each provider has its own discounts.
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Hurst, TX
Your homeowners insurance policy will provide basic coverage, but if you are interested in adding more projection, check out some policy add-ons that will help fill in the gaps. Below are the most common home insurance add-ons in Hurst, TX:
Water Backup Coverage: Water backup damage is the second most common type of claim made by Texas homeowners every year. This type of coverage is typically not covered by your standard homeowners or flood insurance policies, so it is crucial that every Hurst, TX homeowner considers adding water backup coverage to their policy. Water backup is a policy add-on that covers your home and personal belongings from sewage, drain, or sump pump overflows. This policy add-on is inexpensive, starting at an average of $50 per year with coverage starting at $5,000 going up to $25,000.
Windstorm/Hail Storm Coverage: Hurst, TX homeowners are no strangers to damaging windstorms or hail storms. Hail is usually included in any standard homeowners insurance policy whereas windstorm protection is sometimes purchased as a separate ridealong policy. Windstorm/ hail insurance protects your home and personal belongings from gusty events such as gales, hurricanes, hail, tornadoes, tropical storms, and even heavy rainfall. At TGS Insurance, we believe in providing you the most protection while also saving you money, which is why we bake a 2% hail/windstorm deductible into every policy we write.
Scheduled Personal Property Coverage: Scheduled personal property coverage is a policy add-on that extends protection beyond your standard homeowners insurance policy. The average home insurance policy has limits on personal property coverage for items such as artwork, jewelry, antiques, fur coats, gold coins, or any other valuables. Scheduled personal property coverage would extend your coverage limits to whatever the item is worth, so in the event of a loss, you’re fully covered. The cost will vary depending on what you’re wanting to insure, but it’s usually 1%-2% of whatever the item’s worth is per year.
Zip Codes in Hurst, TX That We Insure:
About TGS Insurance Agency
TGS Insurance is a family-owned, Texas-based, independent insurance agency. What makes us unique is that we handle the insurance process differently than the rest of the industry. We know your time is valuable and that you don’t want to spend hours on the phone with an insurance agent or sit there and fill out an endless questionnaire only to wait days for your quote. All we need is your address to deliver you a quote in just 15 seconds or less! Your dedicated agent will then shop and compare your policy through our bank of 35+ A-rated (or better) carriers to ensure your home insurance policy is perfectly balanced in coverage and value! We don’t just stop there either, we’ll handle everything else from start to finish for the easiest insurance shopping experience ever. Getting home insurance in Hurst, TX has never been easier!
We don’t like to brag, but take a look at some of our stats:
- 14,000 Current Customers (read our reviews!)
- $4.04 Billion Total Projected Assets Covered
- 12,600 Total Homes Insured
- 4,700 Total Vehicles Insured