Get Keller Home Insurance Tailored to your Needs
How Much is Home Insurance in Keller, TX?
The average cost for home insurance in Keller, Texas is about $1,288 per year. At TGS Insurance, our average customer saves $870 per year on home insurance!
What Goes Into Your Keller, TX Home Insurance Quote?
What you pay for home insurance will be different than your neighborhood because no two homes are the same. Your homeowners insurance is calculated on several different factors, some of which are within your control and some that aren’t. Let’s review what goes into determining your home insurance policy premium.
Your standard home insurance policy is made up of six key parts:
- Dwelling coverage covers the structure of your home and anything attached to it. It’s how much it would cost to completely rebuild your home to its current value.
- Other structures would be anything not attached to your home, such as a detached garage, fence, or shed.
- Personal property coverage would protect any valuables inside your home, such as appliances, electronics, or other items up to a certain limit.
- Loss-of-use coverage would provide financial assistance for living expenses (hotel & dining) if you’d need to vacate your home temporarily while repairs were being made if you were to experience a covered loss, such as a fire.
- If you were to get sued and found liable, liability coverage would help cover any legal expenses incurred. Your coverage should be enough to cover the cost of your home, vehicles, and any other assets that could be liquidated for payment to the other party.
- Medical payments would cover any medical bills due to a guest getting injured on your property. This coverage usually goes up to $5,000 and does not apply to members of your home.
Every 2 in 3 homes are underinsured and without the right home insurance coverage, you’ll be left paying out-of-pocket for any repairs or expenses that may arise. So it’s important that you carefully look at the core pieces of your home insurance policy to make sure you’ve got the protection you need.
Another component of how insurance carriers determine your home insurance rate is on risk-based factors, some of which are out of your control. It all comes down to one essential question for the carrier: what’s the financial risk for insuring this home? Let’s review what those risks are:
- Your home’s location. (Hurricanes frequently happen in your area)
- Your area’s crime rates.
- Age of your home. (Older homes cost more to insure)
- Your credit history.
- Your claims history. (Fewer claims = less risk)
- Attractive nuisances. (Do you have a pool or trampoline?)
Your home insurance rate isn’t set in stone and there are some things you can do to help lower your rate. For example, installing a home security system, or upgrading your home’s safety features such as fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, etc. can all help lower your premium- even bundling your policies! Just ask your insurance agent about what discounts are available to you!
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Keller, TX
Your home insurance policy will cover the basics, but if you’re looking for additional coverage outside of that, you’ll need to have policy add-ons to curate your policy even further. The most popular home insurance add-ons in Keller, TX are:
Water Backup Coverage: If your home were to take on water damage due to a broken sump pump or backed-up sewer drain, your home insurance policy would likely not cover it. This is why water backup coverage is a popular add-on because it’s anywhere from $50-$250 per year with coverage starting at $5,000.
Windstorm/ Hail Storm Coverage: Keller, TX residents are no strangers to tornadoes, devastating thunderstorms, and the aftermath of hurricanes or tropical storms that come up through the Gulf of Mexico. Every homeowner in Keller, TX should have the proper windstorm/hail coverage to financially protect their home should it take on damage due to hail or wind because if not, you’ll be left with the bill. At TGS Insurance, we believe your home insurance policy should protect you from anything, which is why we automatically include a 2% wind/hail deductible into every policy we write for Keller, TX homeowners.
Scheduled Personal Property Coverage: Your basic home insurance policy will offer reimbursement for any losses to your personal property… to a limit. If you’ve got valuables such as artwork, collectibles, or jewelry that exceed your personal property limits, you’ll want to look at scheduled personal property coverage. This popular policy add-on will vary on cost and what you’re wanting to insure, but usually is 1%-2% of whatever the item’s worth is per year.
Zip Codes in Keller, Texas That We Insure:
About TGS Insurance Agency
TGS Insurance is an insurance agency born out of Houston, TX that serves the residents of Texas with all of their insurance needs. We aren’t your typical insurance agency because we look at the insurance industry differently. We understand your time is valuable and you want a home insurance policy that will protect you when you need it, at a price that doesn’t break the bank. And that’s what we deliver.
All we need is your address to generate an instant home insurance quote in 15 seconds or less- yes you read that right! From there, your dedicated TGS Insurance agent will shop your policy across our bank of 35+ A-rated (or better) carriers to further customize your policy so it’s perfectly balanced in both coverage and price! We don’t stop at a great quote either, we’ll handle everything from enrollment to setting up payment, to canceling any existing policies you have, for the easiest insurance shopping experience ever. Getting insured in Keller, TX has never been easier!
We’re not ones to brag, but we’re the real deal. Take a look at some of our stats!
- 14,000 Current Customers (read our reviews!)
- $4.04 Billion Total Projected Assets Covered
- 12,600 Total Homes Insured
- 4,700 Total Vehicles Insured