Rockwall Home Insurance Made Simple with Instant, Precise Quotes!
How Much is Home Insurance in Rockwall, TX?
The average cost for home insurance in Rockwall, Texas is about $1,893 per year. At TGS Insurance, our Texas customers save an average of $870 a year when they switch to us for their home insurance needs!
What Goes Into Your Rockwall, TX Home Insurance Quote?
What you pay for home insurance will be different than that of your neighbor because no two homes are the same- including the owners! Your home insurance premium is calculated on several different factors, some of which are within your control (coverage amounts) and others that are not (risk-based). Let’s review what goes into determining your home insurance policy premium.
Your standard home insurance policy is made up of six key parts:
- Dwelling coverage refers to the structure of your home and offers financial coverage to completely rebuild your home to its current value, not what you purchased your home for.
- Other structures covers anything that is not “attached” to your home such as a detached garage, fence, or shed.
- Personal property coverage would protect any valuables such as appliances, clothing, electronics, furniture, etc., up to a certain limit.
- Loss-of-use coverage would provide financial assistance for any living expenses if you needed to vacate your home temporarily due to a loss such as a fire.
- Liability coverage covers you for any legal fees in the event someone incurs bodily injury or property damage and you, a member of your home, or pet are found at fault.
- Medical payments would cover you for any medical bills if someone gets injured on your property and requires medical assistance. Coverage usually goes up to $5,000 and does not apply to members of your household.
Two in three homes are underinsured and without the right home insurance policy, you’ll be left with the bill should a loss or need for repairs occur. This is why every homeowner must look at the six core components of their policy to make sure you’ve got enough protection should you ever need it. Usually, you can raise or lower your coverage in these areas to adjust your home insurance premium. More coverage = bigger payment.
Aside from coverage options, insurance carriers also look at risk-based factors when calculating your premium. Some of these are out of your control, but others you have some impact on. Let’s review some of the most common risk-based factors carriers look at:
- Your home’s location (Ex. area that is prone to hurricanes)
- Your area’s crime rates
- Age of your home (Older homes can cost more to insure)
- Your credit history
- Your claims history (More claims filed = higher premium)
- Attractive nuisances (Ex. pool or trampoline)/li>
While you can’t control everything, there are some things you can do that will help lower your home insurance rate. Taking the initiative to install things like a home security system, ensure you’ve got the right number of smoke alarms or fire extinguishers can all help with your rate. Be sure to talk to your insurance agent about what discounts are available to you because each carrier has its own discounts.
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Rockwall, TX:
The standard home insurance policy will protect you with all the basics, but that’s about it. If you’re seeking additional coverage options to cover any gaps, you’ll want to look at policy add-ons to further customize your home insurance policy. Some of the most popular home insurance add-ons on Rockwall, TX are:
Water Backup Coverage: If your home were to experience water damage due to a backed-up sewer drain or broken sump pump, you wouldn’t be covered under your standard home insurance policy. This is why most homeowners add water backup coverage to their policy. This inexpensive add-on is about $50 per year with coverage starting at $5,000.
Windstorm/ Hail Storm Coverage: Texans know all too well how devastating and costly wind and hailstorms can be to a home- hurricanes, tornadoes, tropical storms, and even heavy rainfall all pose a risk to Rockwall, TX homeowners. Having the proper wind and hail storm coverage is imperative to help you recover from any sort of damage or loss, which is why at TGS Insurance we automatically write in a 2% wind/hail deductible into every home insurance policy we write.
Scheduled Personal Property Coverage: Your basic home insurance policy will help pay for any of your personal possessions should they become damaged or stolen- to a limit. If you’ve got high-priced or irreplaceable valuables such as art, collections, jewelry, or other items you’ll want to consider scheduled personal property coverage. The cost can vary but is usually calculated at 1%-2% of the item’s value per year.
Zip Codes in Rockwall, Texas That We Insure:
About TGS Insurance Agency
TGS Insurance was started in Houston, TX, and built to serve the insurance needs of every resident in the Lonestar State. We aren’t your typical insurance agency because we do insurance differently than the others. We understand your time is valuable and that you don’t want to spend hours going back and forth with an insurance agent or answering endless questionnaires only to get your quote days later. We know you need a great home insurance policy at a great rate- and that’s what we deliver.
All we need is your address to generate a home insurance quote in just 15 seconds or less- yes seconds. From there, your dedicated TGS Insurance agent will shop and compare your policy across our bank of 35+ A-rated (or better) insurance carriers to ensure you’re getting the best coverage at the lowest price available. We don’t just stop at a quote either, we’ll handle everything from enrollment to delivering your final policy for a seamless, stress-free shopping experience. Getting insured in Rockwall, TX has never been easier!
We don’t like to brag, but we think our stats show that we’re the real deal.
- 14,000 Current Customers (read our reviews!)
- $4.04 Billion Total Projected Assets Covered
- 12,600 Total Homes Insured
- 4,700 Total Vehicles Insured