Protecting South Houston Homeowners with Personalized Home Insurance Coverage
Shop Home Insurance in South Houston, TX from Multiple Carriers in Minutes!
Over 56% of homeowners don’t shop for their insurance policy when it’s time for their renewal and if you fall into this category, you could be missing out on huge savings! At TGS Insurance, we do all the heavy-lifting and will shop and compare your homeowners insurance policy across 35+ A-rated providers so you don’t have to! And the savings don’t stop there, every year when it’s time for renewal we’ll shop again to ensure you’re always getting the best value and coverage available.
How Much Does South Houston Home Insurance Cost?
The average cost for homeowners insurance in South Houston, TX is about $2,237 each year. At TGS Insurance, our South Houston, TX customers pay about $2,127, which means they are saving an average of $110 every year on homeowners insurance compared to the city average!
Calculating Premiums for Home Insurance in South Houston, TX
Each Insurance company provides your a quote for your home insurance based on their assessment of the amount of risk they would have to take on to insure you. Since each carrier assesses risk differently, the exact formula is different from company to company. While their assessment of risk is different, there are several common factors that most insurance companies look at when calculating your premium:
- Replacement Cost Value- How much it would cost to completely replace your house to its current value will help determine how much coverage you need.
- Credit Score- If you have a less than stellar credit score you can still get coverage, but you’re more likely to pay a higher premium than someone with a better score.
- Claims History- If you’ve filed a ton of claims in the past, then your insurer may increase your rate a bit or opt to not insure you at all. This is why it’s important to file a claim only when you really need to!
- Building Materials- Houses made out of concrete, metal, or brick tend to have lower premiums when compared to houses made out of wood. The reason being is insurers are looking at stability against covered perils such as fires or hurricanes.
- Age of Your Home- Houses that are older than 25 years pay higher premiums than houses that are less than 10 years old. This is because older homes have older plumbing, wiring, and other things deeming older homes “riskier.”
- Location of Your Home- Houses located in areas with high-crimes rates or are prone to natural disasters typically have a higher premium because they are more likely to file a claim.
- Deductible Amount- If you increase your deductible amount, you can decrease your premium quite a bit. For example, if you have a deductible of $1,000 and raise it to $2,000, you can lower your premium by 11%. But keep in mind, if you raise your deductible that’s more money you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket before insurance kicks in.
- Security Devices- Installing things like an alarm system, motion-sensor lights, surveillance cameras, deadbolt locks, as well as having a fire extinguisher in your home can lower your premium.
How Much is Flood Insurance in South Houston?
The average cost for flood insurance in South Houston, TX is about $800 each year. TGS Insurance customers in South Houston, TX homeowners pay around $389, which means they’re saving an average of $411 per year on flood insurance compared to the area average!
Do I Need Flood Insurance in South Houston, TX?
South Houston, TX is located in a high-risk area for flooding, especially since the area is close to Trinity Bay. On average, South Houston, TX experiences over 53 inches of rain per year, which is 23 inches over the national average! Being so close to the coastline, this area is regularly hit with hurricanes, tropical storms, and even just heavy rainfall that all come in through the gulf. This is why it’s crucial for all South Houston, TX homeowners to have a flood insurance policy to protect your home and belongings from a flood.
Other Common Supplemental Home Coverages for Customers Near South Houston:
Windstorm and Hail Coverage: Nationally, 1 in 42 insurance claims involve hail and wind damage, with the Texas average being much higher due to the number of hurricanes, tornadoes, tropical storms, and even just thunderstorms that plague the Lonestar state. It’s not enough that these weather events are incredibly damaging to your home, but they lead to costly repairs, with the average claim being $10,182. And without the right protection in your homeowners policy, you’d be stuck paying for the repairs! At TGS Insurance, we believe in fully protecting our customers which is why we automatically include a 2% hail/wind deductible into every policy we write.
Water Backup: About 1 in 50 insured homes file a claim for water damage due to a sewer or drainage backup every single year. This type of water damage can be unexpected, costly, and downright disgusting to clean up and not usually covered in your standard homeowners insurance policy unless you have a water backup policy add-on. This inexpensive add-on would offer coverage for damages starting at $5,000 going up to $25,000 with the average cost ranging from $50-$250 per year depending on how much coverage you want.
Our Independent Agents Ready to Help You With Your South Houston, TX Homeowners Insurance:
Our agents are here to find you an insurance policy that is tailored to your needs while saving you money every year. We aim to find you low rates so you never have to compromise on coverage. Our team will help you from start to finish and answer any questions you might have along the way.
Zip Codes in South Houston, TX We Serve:
Don’t see your zip code listed? Don’t worry, as long as it’s in Texas, we’ve got you covered!