Texas City Home Insurance Made Easy: We Shop. You Save.
Comparison Shop Home Insurance in Texas City, TX from Multiple Carriers in Minutes!
Did you know that over 56% of homeowners don’t shop for their insurance policy when it’s time for their renewal? If this is you, you could be missing out on some major savings! At TGS Insurance, we do all the comparison shopping for you! We shop from our bank of 35+ highly-rated insurance providers to find you a policy that fits all of your needs and best of all, budget. We don’t stop there, each year around your renewal time, we will shop your policy to make sure you are still getting the best rate without compromising on coverage. Shopping for homeowners insurance has never been easier or more valuable!
How Much Does Texas City Homeowners Insurance Cost?
The average cost for homeowners insurance in Texas City, TX is about $1,991 each year. With TGS Insurance, our Texas City customers pay an average of $1,658, which means we are saving our customers an average of $333 a year on homeowners insurance in Texas City, TX!
Calculating Premiums for Home Insurance in Texas City, TX
Homeowners insurance premiums are calculated based on several factors, but it essentially comes down to the risk the insurance carrier is taking on to insure your home. Let’s take a closer look at what insurance providers factor to calculate your premiums.
- Replacement Cost of Your Home- The price to completely replace your house will determine how much coverage you will need.
- Credit Score- Typically, if you have a low credit score you can expect to pay a higher premium.
- Claims History- The more claims you have made, the higher your premium could be.
- Age of Your Home- If you have a house that is older than 25 years, then typically your premiums are higher. Houses that are less than 10 years old sometimes qualify for discounts.
- Where You Live- Crime rates, the housing market, how close your home is to the coast are things insurers look at when determining your premiums.
- Building Materials- Houses made out of concrete, metal, or brick tend to have lower premiums than houses made out of wood.
- Your Deductible- If you raise your deductible it tends to decrease your premiums rates pretty significantly. For example, if you have a deductible of $1,000 and increase it to $2,000, this will lower your premium by 11%.
- Security Devices- Texas City, TX homeowners can get discounts for installing deadbolt locks, security systems, surveillance cameras, or even having a fire extinguisher on your property.
- Smokers- Homeowners who smoke have a greater chance of starting a fire and sometimes have higher premiums than homeowners who don’t smoke. But this can vary by the carrier!
How Much is Flood Insurance in Texas City?
The average cost for flood insurance in Texas City, TX is about $448 each year. At TGS Insurance, our Texas City customers pay an average of $263, which means we are saving our Texas City homeowners $185 each year on flood insurance!
Texas City, TX is surrounded by Trinity Bay and Galveston Bay, which puts this area at a high-risk for flooding. Texas City homeowners are no strangers to how destructive floods can be. During Hurricane Harvey, the area lost about 400 homes due to flooding and residents have also experienced devastating floods just from heavy rainfall. Purchasing flood insurance is important for Texas City homeowners because of how easily it floods in the area. So to ensure your home and the things you love are protected, flood insurance is critical so you’re not left on the hook financially.
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Texas City, TX:
Flood Insurance: Flood coverage is there to protect your home and treasured items from floods. Contrary to popular belief, flood insurance is not covered by your standard homeowners insurance policy. Therefore if you want flood protection, you need a flood insurance policy. It’s worth noting that just one inch of water can average about $25,000 in damages. To some, the idea of shelling out a few hundred dollars a year on flood insurance sounds unappealing but it’s a worthy investment should you ever need it.
Windstorm and Hail Coverage: Since Texas City, TX is right on the coast of the Gulf of Mexico and Trinity Bay, your homeowners insurance policy might not protect your home and personal items from windstorm and hail damage or you’ve been forced to purchase a separate policy for coverage. With how gusty this area can get, this type of coverage is strongly recommended for Texas City, TX homeowners. At TGS Insurance, we believe in fully protecting our customers while also saving them money, which is why include a 2% hail/windstorm deductible into all of our homeowners insurance policies.
Water Backup: Water backup damage is one of the most common claims homeowners make each year. Your standard homeowners insurance policy will not protect your home from sewage or drainage backups or a sump-pump failure. This policy add-on costs anywhere between $50-$250 per year with coverage starting at $5,000 going up to $25,000.
Our Local, Independent Insurance Agents Are Ready to Help You With Your Texas City Homeowners Insurance:
At TGS Insurance, we aim to find our Texas City, TX homeowners the coverage they need, while also saving them money each year. We handle all of your insurance needs from start to finish, including enrollment, canceling existing policies, and even working with your mortgage company to set up payment. It’s a stress-free way to buy insurance and that’s how it should be!