Angleton Home Insurance Just Got A Lot Cheaper!
Comparison Shop Home Insurance in Angleton, TX from Multiple Carriers in Minutes!
Over 56% of homeowners don’t shop for their insurance policy when it’s time for renewal, which means they could be missing out on some huge savings! Most homeowners don’t shop and compare because it can be time-consuming and hassle trying to find the best insurance rates, but not with TGS Insurance! Our team of agents will shop your policy across 35+ carriers to find you a policy that is balanced with coverage, value, and most of all- a great rate! And we don’t stop there, we’ll do this year after year to ensure you’re always paying the lowest rate possible without sacrificing on coverage. It’s insurance made easy by TGS Insurance!
How Much Does Angleton Homeowners Insurance Cost?
The average cost for homeowners insurance in Angleton, TX is about $1,185 each year. With TGS Insurance, our Texas customers save an average of $870 each year on their home insurance premium.
Calculating Premiums for Home Insurance in Angleton, TX
The cost of your homeowners insurance premiums is determined by several facets but it all boils down to risk. How much risk is the insurance carrier willing to take on to insure you? Insurance carriers look at a number of factors when calculating your premiums, let’s review what they are and how they may affect your rate.
- Cost to Rebuild Your Home After a Complete Loss- Getting an estimate on your home’s replacement cost will help calculate how much coverage you need to buy. If you don’t have enough coverage, then you will have to pay out of pocket to cover the rest of the damages.
- Credit Score- If you’ve got a low credit score, you’re more likely to pay a higher premium than those with a high credit score.
- Claims History- Insurers will look at your claims history to see how many claims you’ve filed in the past. If you’ve filed a lot of claims, then the carrier may penalize you with a higher rate or opt to not insure you at all since you’re deemed a higher risk.
- Where You Live- Things like crime rates or if your home is located near a coastline are all factors that determine your premium.
- Building Materials- Houses that are made from materials like concrete or metal tend to have the lowest premiums, whereas houses that are made out of wood, vinyl, or aluminum tend to have the highest premiums.
- Age of Your Home- Typically, if your house is older than 25 years, then you may pay a higher premium because it is more of a risk to insure due to the older plumbing, wiring, and heating. Some providers offer discounts for homes less than 10 years old.
- Your Deductible- If you raise your deductible it will lower your premiums rates drastically. For example, If you have a deductible of $1,000 and raise it to $2,000, you can lower your premium by 11%. Likewise, if you lower your deductible then your premium will increase!
- Protective Devices- Homeowners can get discounts for installing security devices to protect their homes from fires or burglaries. Devices like deadbolt locks, security alarms, or fire extinguishers can get you a discount of up to 20%! Be sure to ask your agent what discounts could be available to you.
- Smoking- Homeowners who smoke increase the risk of a fire, so they tend to have higher premiums than homeowners who don’t smoke, but this can vary by carrier.
How Much is Flood Insurance in Angleton?
The average cost for flood insurance in Angleton, TX is about $692 each year. With TGS Insurance, our Angleton, TX customers pay about $481, which means they are saving $211 annually on flood insurance!
Similar to home insurance premiums, there are a few factors that determine the price of flood insurance:
- The value of your home
- Where your home is located
- Flood risk
- The price of your deductible
Angleton, TX is located a few miles away from the Gulf of Mexico. This area also neighbors the Brazos River, which is known for causing a lot of floods in Angleton, TX. Even heavy rainfall has caused the Brazos river to rise and flood many homes in the area. Purchasing flood insurance for Angleton, TX homeowners is so important because it fills in the gaps your homeowners insurance policy doesn’t protect. On average, just one inch of water can cause $25,000 in damages!
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Angleton, TX:
Flood Insurance: Your standard homeowners insurance policy does not cover flood damage. A flood insurance policy protects your home and personal items from perils such as hurricanes, tropical storms, or even heavy rainfall. Since Angleton, TX is considered a high-risk area for flooding, purchasing flood insurance is crucial for Angleton, TX homeowners.
Windstorm and Hail Coverage: Angleton, TX homeowners are no strangers to how disastrous and costly wind and hail storms can be. Typically, hail is covered on the standard homeowners insurance policy, but since Angleton, TX is so close to the coast, your homeowners insurance policy might not cover you for hail or even windstorm damage. Sometimes, windstorm insurance is purchased as a separate policy to ensure your home and personal items are protected. With TGS Insurance, we include a 2% hail/windstorm deductible into every policy we write!
Water Backup: Your homeowners insurance policy won’t cover water damage from sewage or drainage backups or gradual leaks, but it will protect you from a burst pipe. Water backup damage is one of the most common insurance claims made, so adding a water backup to your homeowners insurance will ensure your home is protected and you can avoid paying out of pocket for the damages. This add-on costs anywhere between $50-$250 per year with coverage starting at $5,000.
Our Local, Independent Insurance Agents Are Ready to Help You With Your Angleton Homeowners Insurance:
Our team makes buying insurance an easy and stress-free process. We handle everything from enrollment to payment setup, and customer service tasks like account updates or policy questions.