Cedar Creek Home Insurance Made Easy: We Shop. You Save.
What is Home Insurance and How Does it Work?
Home insurance is your financial protection to help pay for replacements or repairs to your home or personal belongings. Home insurance also offers liability coverage, loss of use coverage, other structures coverage, and medical payments.
Home insurance is usually made up of six basic coverages, including:
Coverage A- Dwelling Coverage: Protects the physical structure of your home and anything attached to it. For example, the walls, heating and cooling systems, plumbing, etc.)
Coverage B- Other Structures Coverage: Covers any detached structures, such as fences, sheds, or a detached garage.
Coverage C- Personal Property Coverage: Protects any personal belongings such as clothing, electronics, workout equipment, appliances, jewelry, etc., up to a certain limit.
Coverage D- Loss of Use Coverage: Offers financial reimbursement for any living expenses such as food and hotels, in the event your home becomes unlivable because of a covered peril.
Coverage E- Personal Liability Coverage: Provides coverage to pay for any claims for property damage or bodily injury to others that you or a member of your home are responsible for.
Coverage F- Medical Payments: Covers small guest injuries if someone were to get injured on your property, regardless of who is at fault, usually up to $5,000. This type of coverage does not apply to you or members of your household.
How Much is Home Insurance in Cedar Creek, Texas?
In Cedar Creek, Texas, the average cost for home insurance is $1,465 per year. At TGS Insurance, our Cedar Creek, Texas customers pay an average of $1,321, which means they are saving about $144 every year on home insurance!
How Do Insurance Carriers Calculate Home Insurance Rates in Cedar Creek, Texas?
Your home insurance rate is determined by how much risk your insurance provider is going to endeavor when insuring your home. The more of a risk, the more you can expect to in home insurance premiums and vice versa. Every insurance carrier takes into consideration various factors including the build type, age, size, and location of your home, among other personal-based factors such as claims history, credit score, and the amount of coverage you need.
Other things include:
- Roof type
- Security systems
- Distance to coast
- Neighborhood crime rate
- Common weather events (Ex. hurricanes or tornadoes)
- Attractive nuisances (Ex. pool, trampoline, playground, etc.)
Each insurance carrier analyzes these factors differently, which is why you should always shop and compare home insurance quotes from at least 5-10 different carriers to see who has the best coverage and rate. We are fully aware of how time-consuming and exhausting that can be, which is why you can assure an agent from TGS Insurance will shop and compare rates for you! From our bank of over 35 highly-rated providers, we will find you a home insurance policy that fits your needs and budget. Your time is important, don’t waste it on shopping for insurance. Get your hassle-free home insurance quote in just 15 seconds or less using your address right now!
Average Cost For Home Insurance in Cedar Creek, Texas Based on Coverage Amount
Seeing how your home insurance rate compares with how much your neighbors in Cedar Creek, Texas are paying can help you determine if you are paying too much or too little for home insurance. If you’re paying more than the average, you could be overinsured, and paying for coverage you don’t necessarily need. If you’re paying under the average, you could be underinsured, which means you could be at risk of paying for a claim with your own money should you need to file a claim.
Let’s take a look at what homeowners in Cedar Creek, Texas are paying based on coverage amount:
|Coverage Amount||Average Annual Premium (incl. Wind Coverage)|
*We used the Texas Department of Insurance to calculate premiums. Methodology based on a homeowner with average credit, owns their home, no claims within the past 5 years, age of house is 10 to 34 years made of brick and includes windstorm coverage.
Most Common Perils in Cedar Creek, Texas
Your home insurance policy will offer coverage to your home and personal items from common perils such as fire, theft, or hail damage. The most common HO-3 home insurance policy will protect you against the following perils unless specifically excluded:
- Accidental overflow or discharge of water
- Falling objects
- Fire or lightning
- Power surges
- Riot or civil disturbance
- Sudden or accidental damage to water heater or HVAC
- Vandalism or malicious mischief
- Volcanic eruption
- Weight of ice, sleet, or snow
- Windstorm or hail
Pay close attention to what perils specifically affect your area. In Cedar Creek, Texas, homeowners have faced their fair share of hail/windstorms, theft, and water damage, so you’ll want to check up on your policy to ensure it’s packed with the coverage you need. Here are three common add-ons Cedar Creek, Texas homeowners can purchase:
- Windstorm and Hail Coverage: Generally, gusty storms such as hurricanes, tornadoes, or heavy rainfall are protected under your home insurance policy. Depending on where you live, windstorm coverage could be excluded, which would result in homeowners having to purchase a separate windstorm insurance policy to ensure they are fully covered for wind loss. At TGS Insurance, we automatically write a 2% wind/hail deductible into every policy we issue, so our clients can have peace of mind knowing they’re protected for anything.
- Water Damage: Your home insurance policy offers protection for water damage that is accidental or sudden, meaning you couldn’t prevent it from happening. What your home policy won’t protect is flood damage, gradual water damage, damage due to lack of maintenance, or sewer backups or overflows. Understanding what type of water damage your policy will and will not protect will help know how much the proper policy add-ons you need.
- Theft: The rate of theft in Cedar Creek, Texas is 3.94 per 1,000 residents during an average year. In the event you experience a theft, your home insurance policy will protect you under your personal property coverage, but only to a certain limit. If you have high-value items such as jewelry, fur coats, or artwork, their values may exceed the coverage limits your personal property coverage offers, so you’ll need to consider purchasing a scheduled personal property policy, or some form of extended coverage to ensure your valuables are fully protected.
A TGS Insurance agent can help you secure the bag on the coverage you need from some of the most common perils in Cedar Creek, Texas, so you never have to worry about paying out-of-pocket should you need to file a claim.
Common Questions About Home Insurance in Cedar Creek, Texas
Can you get homeowners insurance with bad credit?
Having a poor credit score won’t technically disqualify you from obtaining homeowners insurance, but it likely means you will be charged a higher premium rate for your policy.
Do you pay home insurance monthly or yearly?
You can typically choose to pay for your home insurance monthly, quarterly, semiannually, or yearly.
How long does it take to get a home insurance quote?
It can take anywhere from one to three days to get a homeowners insurance quote, but with TGS Insurance we can get you a quote in 15 seconds or less just by entering your home address.
Trust The Experts at TGS Insurance For Your Home Insurance Needs
TGS Insurance has been insuring Texans since 2017 and we’ve rapidly grown into the fastest-growing insurance agency in the Lone Star State with over 15,000 customers and over $4.27 billion in insured assets.
What’s our secret?
We have a unique viewpoint on insurance and that is why we don’t believe you should have to spend your life’s savings for good coverage. At TGS Insurance, we shop your policy from our bank of over 35 top-rated insurance providers to find you a policy that is customized to your needs and most importantly your budget. Our services don’t stop there, from beginning to end, we will take care of the enrollment process to payment setup and everything else in between! In addition, we also review your policy year after year to ensure you’re always maintaining the best price or coverage, so you never have to worry about overpaying for coverage again!
Our agents have an incredible drive to provide the best customer service experience for every single one of our clients. We have the perfect equation for getting and staying insured more than ever. While we don’t like to brag, we’ll let our reviews from real, authentic customers speak for themselves. We’re rated 4.8 out of 5 stars with over 1,600+ reviews on TrustPilot and 4.5 out of 5 stars with over 215+ reviews on Google.