We Shop 35+ Carrier to Find You The Best Deal on Your Farmers Branch Home Insurance Every Time
How Much is Home Insurance in Farmers Branch, TX?
The average cost for home insurance in Farmers Branch, Texas is $2,829 each year. At TGS Insurance, homeowners in the area pay $1,376 per year, which means an average annual savings of $1,453 for our customers!
What Goes Into Your Farmers Branch, TX Home Insurance Quote?
Each home insurance quote is different just as each home is unique. Because homes and their contents vary, even those in the same neighborhood, home insurance premiums are different. Furthermore, your home insurance premium is calculated using several factors. Some of these factors are in the control of homeowners while others are not. Learn more on some of the elements that go into calculating your home insurance premium:
Homeowners insurance consists of six main components:
- Dwelling coverage protects homeowners by providing coverage for the cost of rebuilding your home completely based on its current value rather than its purchase price.
- Other structures coverage protects things such as sheds, detached garages, and fences. It’s coverage for structures that are not directly “attached” to your home yet reside on your property.
- Personal property coverage is there to protect the personal possessions inside your home such as your appliances, electronics, furniture, jewelry, and other valuables (policy limits do apply).
- Loss-of-use coverage helps you pay for living expenses should your home become unlivable and require you to vacate the premises. An example would be the cost of staying at a nearby hotel due to your home becoming damaged during a fire.
- Liability coverage is there for you should you find yourself involved in a lawsuit. This coverage helps pay for legal expenses and should be at an amount that is large enough to cover the value of your home and assets including your finances.
- Medical payments coverage helps you pay for medical bills should someone get injured on your property and needs medical attention with the standard coverage amount being around $5,000. The members of your home are excluded from this coverage.
Having adequate coverage in these areas is important for homeowners to avoid being underinsured and paying out-of-pocket to cover such expenses. There are also various risk-based factors that go into creating your home insurance premium, some of which are outside of your control. Overall, your premium is created by insurance companies based on the risk to insure your home. Some of these risks include:
- The location of your home and the perils that are common in that area (Ex. frequent tornadoes or hurricanes)
- Your area’s crime rates.
- Your home’s age. (Homes more than 40 years old are riskier to insure)
- Your credit history.
- Your claims history. (More claims could result in a higher premium)
- Attractive nuisances. (Ex. if you own a pool)
Homeowners can combat some of these risks with easy things they can do to help keep their home insurance premiums lower. Installing a home security system, keeping your home equipped with up-to-date fire extinguishers, installing smoke alarms, and adding deadbolts can help lower your rate. Because each insurance carrier weighs the risks associated with insuring your home differently, it is important to speak with your insurance agent to better understand how you can lower your monthly premium!
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Farmers Branch, TX:
Home insurance policies can protect you from a lot but focus on the basics of protecting your home. Homeowners looking to gain further protection can add coverages to their policies to help fill any gaps they might have otherwise. Some popular home insurance add-ons in Farmers Branch, TX include:
Water Backup Coverage: Sewer and drainage backup can lead to messy and expensive repairs and without this additional coverage option, homeowners will find that they are not covered by a standard homeowners insurance policy. Adding water backup coverage can help save you money with protections costing only $50-$250 per year with protection ranging between $5,000 and $25,000.
Windstorm/Hail Storm Coverage: Homeowners in Texas know all too well the power of windstorms and hail events. Between hurricanes, tropical storms, tornadoes, and severe thunderstorms, there are a lot of bad weather events that can leave a path of destruction. Homeowners in Farmers Branch, TX need to protect themselves with a proper windstorm and hail storm policy to avoid paying for hefty repairs due to wind or hail damage. To help our clients stay protected for anything, TGS Insurance automatically includes a 2% wind/hail deductible into all of our policies!
Scheduled Personal Property Coverage: While a standard home insurance policy offers as much as 50-70% in personal property coverage depending on your dwelling coverage, valuables that exceed your policy limits can leave you exposed to paying to restore them on your own in the aftermath of a peril. Homeowners will need to add scheduled personal property coverage to their homeowners policy to gain financial assistance in replacing those items should a loss occur.
Zip Codes in Farmers Branch, TX That We Insure:
About TGS Insurance Agency
Based in Texas, TGS Insurance sets itself apart from other insurance agencies because we approach insurance differently. We understand that our customers don’t want to waste hours answering questionnaires that go on forever or on the phone speaking with an agent only for it to take days to get your quote. All we need is your address and TGS Insurance can deliver you a personalized quote in just 15 seconds! From there, your dedicated agent will further personalize your quote by comparing your policy through more than 35 A-rated (or better) insurance carriers while crafting your coverage to meet your needs at a rate that fits your budget. This creates a perfectly balanced quote in both value and coverage. But we do much more than provide a great quote, we’ll also handle the entire enrollment process from start to finish for a stress-free home insurance experience that runs smoothly. Shopping for home insurance in Farmers Branch, TX has never been easier!
We don’t like to brag, but just check out our stats:
- 14,000 Current Customers (read our reviews!)
- $4.04 Billion Total Projected Assets Covered
- 12,600 Total Homes Insured
- 4,700 Total Vehicles Insured