Haltom City Home Insurance Made Easy: We Shop. You Save.
How Much is Home Insurance in Haltom City, TX?
Homeowners in Haltom City, Texas pay an average of $2,064 a year. Customers of TGS Insurance in Haltom City pay an average of $1,533 per year, totaling an annual savings of $531!
What Goes Into Your Haltom City, TX Home Insurance Quote?
Every home and the contents they hold are unique, making your home insurance quote unique from any other home including your neighbors’. Many different factors go into crafting your home insurance quote that you are in control of and many other factors that affect your quote that are beyond your control. Take a look at these factors and the components that make up your home insurance quote below:
Homeowners insurance is made up of six major components:
- Dwelling coverage is there to cover the cost of rebuilding your home based on its current value instead of based on its purchase price should you suffer a loss.
- Other structures coverage helps protect detached garages, fences, sheds, etc. that are a part of your property, yet they are separate from your home.
- Personal property coverage protects the contents of your home including personal items such as appliances, electronics, furniture, jewelry, and other valuables (limits will apply).
- Loss-of-use coverage is there to help homeowners get back on their feet in the event their home becomes unlivable due to a covered peril and they are forced to vacate. A great example of this would be using your policy to help cover food expenses and a hotel room while staying there as your home is being rebuilt after a fire.
- Liability coverage protects homeowners from lawsuits by helping them cover the costs of legal expenses. Your policy must be sufficient with an amount large enough to cover the value of your assets, finances, and the value of your home.
- Medical payments coverage is there to protect homeowners should someone become injured while visiting their home or would require medical assistance. While the members of your household are exempt from this coverage, standard policies usually come with $5,000 in protection for others.
Homeowners who lack the right coverage run the risk of restoring their losses out-of-pocket. Many risk factors go into crafting your premium, not all of which you can control. The bottom line is that insurance companies will create your monthly premium after determining the risk they will take on while insuring your home. Learn more about these risks here:
- Your home’s location and the perils that affect it (Ex. windstorms and flash floods).
- The crime rate in your area.
- The age of your home. (Homes that are 40 years old or old carry more risk)
- Your credit score. (The higher your score, the lower your premium)
- Your claims history. (A higher frequency of claims can result in a higher premium)
- Attractive nuisances. (Ex. trampolines)
There are some home improvements that homeowners can do to help lower their home insurance premiums. This includes installing a home security system, stocking your home with fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and having deadbolts on your doors are all ways to keep your home safer all while lowering your home insurance rate. Every insurance carrier assesses the risks of insuring your home differently for this reason, and others, it is always advised that homeowners speak with their insurance agent to learn the best steps they can take when taking efforts to lower their home insurance premiums!
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Haltom City, TX:
Your homeowners insurance will help you protect against many perils but at the end of the day doesn’t cover everything. There are a variety of perils that are not covered by your policy and homeowners looking to avoid lapses in coverage should seek add-on coverages to help supplement their home insurance policies. Popular add-ons coverages for homeowners living in Haltom City, TX area:
Water Backup Coverage: If your home suffers from sewer and/or drainage backup, many homeowners can be surprised to learn that their home insurance policy will not cover this expensive event. Luckily, TGS Insurance customers can protect themselves with this unique coverage option that costs on average only $50-$250 a year! Your coverage can protect against these perils with financial assistance between $5,000 and $25,000.
Windstorm/Hail Storm Coverage: Texas is a beautiful state but homeowners know the damage that windstorms of varying forms can bring to homes. Everything including hurricanes, tropical storms, tornadoes, and severe thunderstorms are all on the table as these weather events are capable of destroying homes. If you own a home in Haltom City, TX, protecting yourself is imperative with the right windstorm and hail storm coverage to help cover the costs involved in repairing your property in the aftermath of such events. TGS Insurance automatically includes a 2% wind/hail deductible for our clients in their home insurance policies because we understand the importance of being prepared for anything!
Scheduled Personal Property Coverage: A standard homeowners insurance policy can provide up to 50-70% in personal property coverage depending on the limits dictated in your dwelling coverage; however, if you own items that are beyond these limits that were to suffer a loss, you’ll be left to pick up the pieces and restore what was lost. By adding scheduled personal property coverage, homeowners can protect themselves from carrying the entire financial burden of restoring their personal property with assistance from their policy.
Zip Codes in Haltom City, TX That We Insure:
About TGS Insurance Agency
TGS Insurance is an insurance agency headquartered in Houston, TX and serves all of Texas. We set ourselves apart from the competition because we take on the insurance industry in a different way for our clients. We understand that our clients’ time is valuable. They don’t want to spend hours answering endless questionnaires or speaking with an agent over the phone only to wait days before they receive their insurance quote. The only thing we need is your address and the team at TGS Insurance can present an accurate, personalized quote in 15 seconds or less! Once this information is collected, our agents can personalize your coverage further by comparing the policies of over 35 A-rated (or better) insurance carriers to craft the perfect coverage that meets your needs in terms of price and protection. Not only that, but TGS Insurance continues to deliver next-level customer service to our clients by handling your enrollment process from beginning to end. TGS Insurance provides a seamless home insurance enrollment experience making finding the right home insurance policy in Haltom City, TX easier than ever!
We don’t mean to brag, but take a look at our stats:
- 14,000 Current Customers (read our reviews!)
- $4.04 Billion Total Projected Assets Covered
- 12,600 Total Homes Insured
- 4,700 Total Vehicles Insured