Highland Village Home Insurance Made Effortless with Quick, Accurate Quotes!
How Much is Home Insurance in Highland Village, TX?
Homeowners in Highland Village, Texas spend $3,765 a year on average for their homeowners insurance coverage. At TGS Insurance, our customers in the area only pay an average of $1,817 per year for a savings of $1,948 a year on average!
What Goes Into Your Highland Village, TX Home Insurance Quote?
Many factors go into creating your home insurance quote. This is because your home is unique from any other home in the world including your next-door neighbor. There are factors that homeowners can adjust, and others that are out of their control, and standard homeowners insurance policies consist of major components th0at protect you in a variety of ways. Take a closer look at these elements below:
Homeowners insurance is made up of six major components:
- Dwelling coverage is coverage that protects you if you were to suffer a loss that would require your home to be rebuilt. Your policy will pay you based on the current value of your home as opposed to what you paid for your home.
- Other structures coverage helps protect you and the “other” structures on your property including fences, sheds, and detached garages.
- Personal property coverage provides protection and can help you restore losses that affect your personal belongings. This includes home appliances, electronics, furniture, jewelry, and other valuables that you might possess (policy limits will apply).
- Loss-of-use coverage can be a powerful tool that helps homeowners in their time of need. If your home requires a loss that is destructive enough to require you to vacate, this coverage will help you pay for expenses that you will incur during this evacuation including an allowance on food and hotel stays.
- Liability coverage helps protect homeowners who find themselves involved in a lawsuit by assisting with legal expenses. Homeowners should protect themselves adequately by choosing a policy that can protect a range of their interests including their assets, finances, and home.
- Medical payments coverage protects you in the event someone is injured or were to need medical assistance while on your property. You’ll be protected up to $5,000 through standard home insurance policies, though this coverage does exclude members of your household.
Having the right homeowners insurance policy can be the difference between having the protection you need during your time of need and being forced to restore your losses on your own. Many factors go into creating your monthly premium and while you can control some, others are beyond your control. Still, what your insurance premium all boils down to is your insurance company calculating how much risk they will undertake while insuring your home. This is what will create your premium. Learn about these risks below:
- Your home’s location and the perils that may affect it (Ex. windstorms and floods).
- The crime rate near your home.
- Your home’s age. (There are extra risks that come with insuring a home over 40 years old)
- Your credit score. (The lower your score, the higher your premium)
- Your claims history. (Frequent claims can lead to higher premiums)
- Attractive nuisances. (Ex. pools and trampolines)
Homeowners can lower their monthly homeowners insurance premiums in a variety of ways. Some of these include installing a deadbolt lock on your door, having a home security system, stocking your home with fire extinguishers, and having properly maintained smoke alarms are all great ways homeowners can create a safer environment to live in while lowering their rates. Because each insurance brand will weigh risks differently, it is important to speak with your insurance agent before making these improvements.
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Highland Village, TX
Homeowners insurance protects you and your home from many perils that can cause serious losses, but your policy won’t cover everything. To avoid paying out-of-pocket in the aftermath of perils that are not named on your homeowners insurance policy, there are many popular add-on coverage options available to homeowners for better protection. Below are some of the most popular options for homeowners in Highland Village, TX can add to stay better protected:
Water Backup Coverage: Homeowners facing sewer and drainage backup can be in for a gross and expensive repair and without the right coverage, homeowners may be surprised to learn that they can end up spending thousands of dollars to rectify this loss. Sadly, your homeowners insurance coverage does not cover this peril, but TGS Insurance has you covered. We understand that our clients should be prepared for anything which is why we offer this unique coverage for only $50 to $250 a year on average! This policy add-on can provide between $5,000 and $25,000 in protection.
Windstorm/Hail Storm Coverage: Homes in Highland Village, TX can face many obstacles when it comes to windstorms and hail damage. Everything from hurricanes, tropical storms, tornadoes, and even severe thunderstorms pose a threat to homes in the area. Having proper windstorm and hail storm protection is important to help you recover from any losses suffered which is why TGS Insurance automatically includes a 2% wind/hail deductible for each homeowners insurance policy written for our customers!
Flood Insurance Coverage: Highland Village, TX is a stunning community with the backdrop of Lake Lewisville being one of the community’s most lovely features. With close proximity to the lake and as many as 25% of all flood insurance claims coming from homeowners that are outside of flood zones, all homeowners need to protect themselves and their property from destructive flood events with proper flood insurance coverage. Homeowners insurance does not cover floods but by adding flood insurance, homeowners can avoid a lapse in coverage due to these events.
Zip Codes in Highland Village, TX That We Insure:
About TGS Insurance Agency
Hailing from Texas, TGS Insurance Agency is an independent insurance agency that is proud to be different from others. We approach the insurance industry from a unique perspective and work to provide exceptional customer service to our clients. We understand the value of your time and that clients don’t want to waste it spending hours on endless questionnaires or speaking to an agent over the phone only to have to wait days for a quote. TGS Insurance is different. Using a non-intrusive method, we just need your address to provide you with an accurate homeowners insurance quote in 15 seconds or less! Once your quote is created, our team of dedicated agents can personalize your coverage even further by comparing it to more than 35 A-rated (or better) insurance carriers to fit your coverage needs. In the end, you’ll receive a customized coverage that protects everything you love for the lowest price on the market. TGS Insurance is committed to providing our customers with a seamless home insurance enrollment process from beginning through the end. Getting a homeowners insurance policy in Highland Village, TX has never been easier!
We’re don’t mean to brag, but take a look for yourself at our stats. We’re the real deal!
- 14,000 Current Customers (read our reviews!)
- $4.04 Billion Total Projected Assets Covered
- 12,600 Total Homes Insured
- 4,700 Total Vehicles Insured