Kemah Home Insurance with Better Coverage & Lower Monthly Payments!
Comparison Shop Home Insurance in Kemah, TX from Multiple Carriers in Minutes!
60% of homes in the United States are underinsured and at risk for having to pay a lot more than they bargained for should they need to rely on their policy. Comparison shopping for your home insurance policy is a great way to make sure you have the proper level of insurance and that you are getting the best rates on the market. It can be a tedious and time-consuming process which is why at TGS Insurance we do all the heavy lifting for you! We’ll shop and compare your policy across our bank of 35+ A-rated carriers to find you something that is balanced in value, coverage, and of course, a great rate! Shopping for homeowners insurance has never been easier than with TGS Insurance!
How Much Does Kemah Homeowners Insurance Cost?
The average cost for homeowners insurance in Kemah, TX is about $1,510 each year. At TGS Insurance, our Kemah, TX customers pay an average of $1,319 per year, which means they are saving an average of $191 annually on homeowners insurance.
Calculating Premiums for Home Insurance in Kemah, TX
Each insurance provider has its own way of determining your home insurance rate, but it all boils down to how much risk the carrier is taking on to insure your home. Various factors influence your premium, so let’s take a closer look at what they are.
- Replacement Cost Value- This is the cost of how much it would be to completely replace your home in its current state. The more coverage you need, the higher the premium.
- Credit Score- If you have great credit, then you should expect to see a lower rate than someone with a lower credit score. Keep in mind, just because you have poor credit doesn’t mean you can’t get homeowner insurance, it just means you’ll have a slightly higher rate.
- Claims History- The more claims you’ve filed, the higher your premium might be.
- How Old Your Home Is- Your home’s age affects your rate because older homes are riskier to insure, purely because of the age of the plumbing, heating, and building materials. Homes that are newly constructed may be eligible for discounts!
- Location- If your home is located in an area that is prone to natural disasters (hurricanes, tornados, etc.) or has a high crime (theft or vandalism) you may see a higher premium. Remember, it’s all about risk!
- Building Materials- The materials your home was built with play into your home insurance rate. The reason being, insurers are looking at the stability of your home should it catch on fire or a hurricane hit. So for example, homes made of wood tend to be a bit more to insure compared to homes made of brick, because brick is seen as more structurally sound.
- Deductible Amount- Increasing your deductible can significantly lower your premium rates. But keep in mind, if you raise your deductible that’s more you’ll have to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance will kick in.
- Security Devices- Kemah, TX homeowners can lower their premium by installing security devices to protect their homes from burglaries and fires. For example, installing an alarm system, deadbolt locks, or having a fire extinguisher can give you discounts up to 20%!
How Much is Flood Insurance in Kemah?
The average cost for flood insurance in Kemah, TX is about $851 each year. Kemah, TX is right outside of Friendswood, TX where our customers pay an average of $426, which means they are saving $425 each year on flood insurance!
Do I Need Kemah Flood Insurance?
Kemah, TX is surrounded by Clear Lake, Trinity Bay, and Galveston Bay with the Gulf of Mexico within close proximity. This puts the area at a high-risk for flooding due to the number of hurricanes, tropical storms, and heavy rainfall that can batter the Texas coastline. Hurricane Beta, Hurricane Imelda, and Hurricane Harvey all devastated Kemah, TX with heavy rain that resulted in catastrophic flooding and destruction to the area. This is why every homeowner in Kemah, TX should consider a flood insurance policy to protect their home and belongings financially from one of these events.
Zip Codes in Kemah, TX We Serve:
Don’t see your zip code listed? Don’t worry, as long as it’s in Texas, we’ve got you covered!