Lake Jackson Home Insurance Made Easy: We Shop. You Save.
How Much Does Home Insurance Cost in Lake Jackson, TX?
The average cost for homeowners insurance in Lake Jackson is about $1,205 per year. Our Texas customers save an average of $870 each year on homeowners insurance. Make the switch to TGS Insurance to experience great savings!
How to Calculate Home Insurance Premiums
Homeowners insurance is there to protect your home and everything in it from common disasters such as fires, hail, personal property damage, theft, vandalism, and other perils. Insurance carriers usually assess how much your premium will be based on how much risk they’re taking on to insure your home. The higher the risk, the higher the premium. Let’s review some of the most common things insurers look at when calculating your home insurance premium.
- Location: The location of your home plays a big role in determining your premium. If your area is prone to natural disasters, high crime rates you can expect to pay a little bit more.
- Age of Home: Insurance companies will sometimes charge you more if you have an older home, usually one that is 40 years or older.
- Your Home’s Construction: What your home is made of is a crucial part of your premium. Things like your roof shape, when your roof was last replaced, and what was used to make your home (ex: wood, brick). In addition, your plumbing and heating system will also determine how much you pay.
- How Much Coverage You Want: The amount of coverage you are wanting affects the price of your homeowners insurance premium. Typically, the more coverage you are seeking the more you will have to pay, but one thing that makes TGS Insurance unique is that we try to find you the most coverage for the lowest price.
Tips for Lowering Your Home Insurance Premium
- Raise your deductible- A higher deductible will lower your premium because you will have to pay more out of pocket if you have to file a claim.
- Secure your home- Taking extra precautions like installing a home security system will lower your premium because it lessens the chance of someone breaking into your home.
- Work on improving your credit score- Your credit score can weigh in on how much you pay, so working on your credit score can help lower your costs.
- Look for discounts- Ask your insurance agent if you qualify for any discounts. Anywhere from being a loyal customer to bundling your policies, it never hurts to ask!
We Are Dedicated to Finding the Right Insurance Coverage for Each and Every Lake Jackson Homeowner
Homeowners insurance can be complicated and hard to understand at times, but it’s important to be aware of your policy and the types of coverage options you have. Check out the short video below for more information on how homeowners insurance works and the types of coverages you can get.
Popular Supplemental Home Coverages in Your Area:
Flood Insurance: Unfortunately, most homeowners believe flood damage is covered by their homeowners insurance policy when it is not. To keep your home and personal belongings protected from flood damage due to a hurricane, tropical storm, or even heavy rainfall you need a flood insurance policy. Because Lake Jackson, TX is so close to the Texas coastline, it’s a great idea to get a flood insurance policy to bridge any gaps in coverage you may have. At TGS Insurance, we can provide these policies from both government and private insurers for the best possible rate. The average flood insurance policy costs around $634 per year but can be higher or lower depending on where your home is.
Windstorm and Hail Coverage: Lake Jackson, TX homeowners are far too familiar with devastating wind and hail storms. Hail damage is usually included in the standard homeowners insurance policy, but sometimes windstorm protection is often purchased separately as an add-on policy. We want our homeowners to have the most coverage which is why we include a 2% hail and windstorm deductible in every policy we write
Water Backup: Water backup coverage is a popular add-on to your homeowners insurance that will cover you in the event you experience water damage due to a broken sump pump, backed-up drain, or sewer line backup. It averages anywhere between $50-$250 a year depending on how much coverage you want with protection starting at $5,000.
Common Home Insurance Questions from Our Customers in Lake Jackson
Is it a legal requirement to have home insurance in Lake Jackson, TX?
The law doesn’t require you to purchase a homeowners insurance policy, but if you owe money on your home, your mortgage lender may require you to have it. Although homeowners insurance is not legally required it is something every homeowner should consider because it protects your home and other valuable items.
Is foundation repair covered under homeowners insurance?
The foundation of your home is protected under your homeowners insurance unless your insurance provider explicitly excludes it. For example, if your home’s foundation cracks or sinks because of a broken plumbing issue, then your homeowners insurance policy will cover you. Be sure to check with your insurance agent to see what foundation repairs would qualify under your home insurance policy.
Can you get homeowners insurance with bad credit?
Most insurance providers will let you choose to pay your premiums annually or monthly. There are some discounts available for those to do pay annually!
Our Featured Agents Are Ready to Help You With Your Lake Jackson Homeowners Insurance:
TGS Insurance was built to provide homeowners with the right homeowners protection without costing a fortune. We shop your policy across 35+ A-rated carriers to find you a winning deal, every single time. We don’t stop at a great quote either, we’ll handle everything from start to finish for the easiest insurance shopping experience you’ve ever had. See why hundreds of Lake Jackson, TX homeowners are using TGS Insurance today!