Shenandoah Homeowners Insurance Made Easy with Quick, Accurate Quotes!
Comparison Shop Home Insurance in Shenandoah, TX from Multiple Carriers in Minutes!
Over 56% of homeowners don’t shop their homeowners policy when it’s time to renew. Why is this a big deal? You could be missing out on huge savings! At TGS Insurance, we know shopping your policy across different carriers can be tedious and time-consuming- which is why we do it for you! Our team of agents will shop and compare your policy across our bank of 35+ A-rated insurance providers to find you the best deal on homeowners insurance. And we’ll do this year after year, as long as you’re a TGS Insurance customer.
How Much Does Shenandoah Homeowners Insurance Cost?
The average cost for homeowners insurance in Shenandoah, TX is about $1,283 each year. At TGS Insurance, our average customer saves $870 a year on homeowners insurance!
Calculating Premiums for Home Insurance in Shenandoah, TX
The way your homeowners premiums are calculated depends on a variety of factors, but it all comes down to risk. The bigger the risk it is to insure your property, the higher your premium could be. Let’s look over what different factors affect your rate.
- Replacement Cost Value- Getting an estimate on how much it would cost to completely replace your home will help determine how much coverage you need.
- Claims History- Insurance providers take into consideration how many claims you have filed in the past. If you have filed a lot of claims, then your provider might give you a higher rate or might not even insure you since you are considered high-risk.
- Credit Score- if you have a low credit score, you will most likely pay a higher deductible than someone who has a higher credit score.
- Building Materials- Homes made out of wood, vinyl, or aluminum tend to have the highest premiums, whereas homes that are made from brick or concrete sometimes have the lowest premiums. Why is this? Insurers are looking at the stability of your home should it catch on fire or get hit with a named peril such as a hurricane.
- Where Your House is Located- Areas that have high crime rates or are prone to natural disasters (ex: tornadoes or hurricanes) are what some insurers take into consideration for your rate.
- Age of Your Home- If your home is older than 25 years, then you may have to pay a higher premium than a home that is less than 10 years old. This is partly because of the heating systems, plumbing, or other things that could be deemed risky or old.
- Deductible Amount- The higher your deductible, the lower premium can be. For example, if you have a deductible of $1,000 and raise it to $2,000, you can lower your premium by 11%.
- Smoking- Homeowners who smoke typically have a higher premium than homeowners who don’t smoke, purely because of the risk of a firing starting.
- Protective Devices- Installing protective devices such as a security alarm, surveillance cameras, motion-sensor lights, deadbolt locks, or even having a fire extinguisher handy can lower your premium.
How Much is Flood Insurance in Shenandoah?
The average cost for flood insurance in Texas is about $634 each year, but the price can be either higher or lower depending on where you live. Shenandoah, TX is located right outside of The Woodlands, TX where TGS Insurance customers pay about $466 each year, which means they are saving $168 annually on flood insurance!
Shenandoah, TX is a few miles away from Lake Conroe which puts this area at risk for moderate flooding. During Hurricane Harvey, Shenandoah received a whopping max of 25 inches of rain and though the area remained relatively unscathed compared to other Houston suburbs, flooding could still happen anywhere. In fact, one in four flood damage claims come from homes living outside a flood zone. This is why it’s imperative that regardless of where you live, a flood insurance policy is a must.
Most Popular Additional Home Coverages in Shenandoah, TX:
Flood Insurance: About 43% of homeowners think that flood insurance is covered by their homeowners insurance policy. Unfortunately, this is a common misconception and your homeowners insurance policy will not cover any flood damage to your home or property due to a flood. So if you want flood protection, you’ll need to purchase a flood insurance policy.
Windstorm and Hail Coverage: Shenandoah, TX is located near the Texas coastline, it’s imperative homeowners in this area have the proper windstorm and hail protection due to the sheer number of hurricanes, tropical storms, tornadoes, and other gusty events that can plague the area. 1 in 47 homes will file a claim for wind and hail damage every year, with the average claim costing about $10,182, and without the right protection, you could be left with the bill. At TGS Insurance, we want you to have peace-of-mind knowing you’re protected for anything, which is why we automatically write in a 2% wind/hail deductible into every homeowners insurance policy we issue in Shenandoah.
Water Backup: Water backup damage is the second most common type of claim Texas homeowners make each year and it’s usually not covered in your standard homeowners or flood insurance policies. Water backup is a policy add-on that covers your home and personal belongings from sewage, drain, or sump pump overflows. This coverage is inexpensive, starting at an average of $50 per year with coverage starting at $5,000 going up to $25,000.
Our Local, Independent Insurance Agents Are Ready to Help You With Your Shenandoah Homeowners Insurance:
Our agents are ready to find you an insurance policy that not only gives you full coverage but also saves you money each year. We take care of everything from enrollment to working with your mortgage company to set up payment, buying insurance has never been easier!