Start Your Free Auto Insurance Quote Now
Mckinney Auto Insurance
Home to 199,174 Texans, McKinney is growing year by year. As the city’s population grows, so does the congestion on the roads. According to the Texas Department of Transportation, the city of McKinney has seen a 191.88% increase in annual car accidents since 2010. Having McKinney auto insurance is legally and ethically necessary if you want to keep yourself, your passengers, other drivers, and pedestrians safe.
What Does McKinney Car Insurance Cover?
You love your car. You rely on it to go most places, and you take good care of it. You want it covered if something happens to it. Texas has a required minimum auto insurance limit that is called 30/60/25. After minimum requirements are met, you should look at your other needs. Minimum liability coverage does NOT cover your car or injuries, just the other party in the accident and their property. Your passengers are also not protected. This is why many people opt for full coverage auto insurance, including the minimum state requirements plus comprehensive and collision coverage. This coverage combination offers protection against damage to your car from an accident, theft, or another object hitting your car. You can add extra coverage to your policy if you want more protection, like against uninsured motorists. Here is a breakdown of different coverage options you can add to your car insurance policy:
|Type of Coverage||Description|
|Property Damage Liability||Pays for the damage you may cause to someone else’s property.|
|Bodily Injury Liability||Helps you cover the cost of injuries of others involved in an accident you caused.|
|Collision||Pays for the damage to your car from a collision with another car or object.|
|Personal Injury Protection||Pays for treating injuries to you or the passengers of your car.|
|Comprehensive||Reimburses you for loss due to theft or damage caused by something else other than a collision.|
|Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Coverage||Reimburse you if you are hit by a driver who is either completely uninsured or does not have enough coverage to pay for the damages they caused.|
How Much Does Car Insurance Cost in McKinney?
The average cost of insurance in McKinney is $1,060.35 per year among TGS Insurance customers. Auto insurance rates can vary significantly due to several particulars, based on your vehicle, location, and the coverage you choose, among many other things. Below is an example of some factors that influence your premium and how they do so.
- Age/Driving Experience: Young drivers will pay the most for car insurance because their lack of experience behind the wheel equates to a higher risk. Typically, rates will decline with experience after the age of 25 and then start increasing again after 60.
- Driving history: Car insurance providers look at your driving history to accurately predict your driving future. If you have a history riddled with speeding tickets, you will be paying for it.
- Credit Score: Drivers with excellent credit may see considerably better rates than those with poor credit.
- Vehicle: Insurance for a brand-new car will be more expensive because it will be more expensive to fix and/or replace than an older car. The value of your car itself also plays into your premium for the same reasons.
- Annual Mileage: Statistically, the more time drivers spend on the road, the more likely they will have an accident, so higher annual mileage can mean higher premiums.
- Location: Insurance providers consider many things regarding your location, such as vandalism, theft, and accident rates in the area, and where you park your car (in a garage versus in a street or outside exposed to the elements). Urban drivers who park on the street often see higher rates than those who live in a more rural area and park in the garage.
How Does Location in McKinney Affect My Car Insurance Rates?
Location is a significant facet when calculating auto insurance rates in McKinney. For example, if you live in an area with a higher population density, insurers see you as having a higher risk of getting in an accident since there are more cars on the road; consequently, you will see a higher premium than someone living in a less populated area. Insurance companies will also look at the number of uninsured motorists in your area- the higher that number is, the higher your premium will be. If you are looking for ways to reduce your premium, park your car in a garage or covered area versus the street. These are just a few examples of how your location plays into your car insurance premium. Below are the average annual premiums for zip codes in the McKinney area for reference:
Compare McKinney Car Insurance Premiums by Carrier
The price is often the most influential factor when considering a car insurance policy. Because each carrier sets its rates, sometimes the same coverage can vary in price among different carriers. Two of our most popular carriers in McKinney are Progressive and Allstate. Auto insurance quotes from TGS Insurance for Progressive average $1,058.83 annually. Auto insurance quotes for Allstate run a bit more expensive at $1,119.10 per year. When it comes to picking the right insurance carrier, there are many factors involved. You want to make sure the carrier you choose is right for you. Here are some questions to ask yourself when picking a carrier.
- What is the company’s history and reputation?
- Do they offer the coverage I am looking for?
- What is their price for the coverage I want?
- Is it easy and convenient to work with them?
- Are there discounts available?
- Have you heard anything about the company?
Getting a McKinney Car Insurance Quote is as Easy as 1-2-3!
Getting the best car insurance in McKinney is simple when you use TGS Insurance’s proprietary online quoting tool for a free, no-obligation quote.
- Enter your name and address
- View your quote
- Customize your coverage with the guidance of one of our expert independent agents
Every driver is unique. Insurance premium costs are impacted by several factors; therefore, we recommend obtaining an individualized quote to find your rates. Our data is representative of quality, publicly sourced, and internal data, but should not be deciphered as bindable.
Looking for Another City?Dallas Auto Insurance
Fort Worth Auto Insurance
Frisco Auto Insurance
Flower Mound Auto Insurance
Arlington Auto Insurance
Houston Auto Insurance
Austin Auto Insurance
Katy Auto Insurance
Missouri City Auto Insurance